Thursday, April 14, 2011

Schlep Bag Wednesday

I love a good puzzle.From figuring out how to hook up the new dvd player to putting together jigsaw puzzles.The mental exercise can be frustrating at times, but is always very fulfilling when I can finally figure it out. Today I found something that combined quilting and a puzzle of sorts....The Schlep Bag from Sentmental Stitches. When I first read the instructions, it reminded me of those tests we took in school where they showed you a picture of a flattened box, and asked you to figure out where the black square ended up when you folded the box up in your mind. Let me tell ya...the Schlep bag is WAY easier than those tests  :0)
Here is my creative Schlep Bag Journey in pictures:

yummy Moda Layer cake


Hmmmm...quite a puzzle....
 

Pinned and ready to sew
 

TaaDahh....starting to look like a bag
Straps all sewn. I made mine 35" instead of the 22" they called for in the pattern.
Sewing down the bottom tabs in the lining.
Ready to sew top edge together, straps are on the inside.I sewed over the straps a couple of times for strength. 


Turning right side out through opening left in the lining.


My Schlep bag 
Another side of my Schlep Bag


This was a very easy bag to make and only took me about 2 hours from pulling out my fabric to hanging it up for pictures. I think this would be a cool shopping bag to take to the Farmers market in the summer.
Don't ya just love quick projects that are useful too??!!!

Hugs,
Tina
"My soul is fed with needle and thread"

3 comments:

Fabricmom said...

I love the fabric you decided to use. So pretty. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Makes it look easier than the instructions. :)

Tangos Treasures said...

I love those bags!! I've quite a few. Added some fusible fleece to it plus velcro! Love your fabric too!!

Tina Winchell said...

Thanks girls! I was a little nervous about making it after I read the instructions, but when you take it one step at a time it was a breeze.