Saturday, April 9, 2011

Sunny April Saturday

Happy Saturday! It's a beautiful, sunny day here in northwestern Montana and we're going to spend the day outside, but I thought I'd come and post some new pictures for you to look at before we headed out to play.
I've been working on some more mug rugs and finished an Easter tablerunner for a swap at My Quilting Buddies.First off though, I have to show you a picture that I found on my hubby's camera that he took out of our livingroom window about mid-January:....isn't she cute?

Anyways, we get alot of deer here but usually they don't come this close to the front windows.
So, here are the pictures of the making of the Easter tablerunner that I made for our swap. I'm still not that great with pictures so that also, is a work in progress lol.
Here's my pile of pieces in various stages of "done-ness" :

Ready to sew the components together
Blocks sewn together

Almost done!


Back of tablerunner and close up of Happy Easter Fabric


Finished!!
Here are the Mug Rugs:

Swirls and Leaves Quilting
Easter Mug Rug with Happy Easter and Daisy Quilting


Now I'm ready for some more small projects. Sometimes when I'm working on a large project, I'll take a little break and get some small, fast things done. It makes me feel like I've accomplished something and makes a nice change from working on the large quilts.Do any of you do that? I still have 2 more large quilts to make and I'll share those journey's with you as well.
Time to get off the computer and enjoy the beauty of nature! Have a delicious day!
Hugs,
Tina
"My soul is fed with needle and thread."




2 comments:

Tangos Treasures said...

Those are all cute!!

Tina Winchell said...

Thanks Laurie! It felt good to do some "spring-y" things.