Sunday, March 27, 2011

Star Quilt

Happy Sunday! Today was kind of a lazy sewing day for me. I got an Easter tablerunner cut out, played with some fabrics for more mug rugs and worked on a couple of new quilt designs in EQ7, but that's about it so far. I did want to share a picture of a quilt top that I made a few weeks ago. It's called "Charming Stars" and its from Moda's Bakeshop. This pattern is extremely easy to do and is perfect for the charm packs that are ever so convenient. We're doing this pattern in My Quilting Buddies and will also be starting this block at the Thursday quilting group at church in two weeks.Here's the Moda Bakeshop version:
And Here is My version:
Don't ya just LOVE a hubby that will hold your quilt top up for you so you can take a half a dozen pictures of it "just in case"? :0)
We're making some of our charity quilts from this pattern this year too. Last year we made some for our Shepherds Hand Free clinic that I volunteer at and decided that we would make it an annual tradition.Last year was kinda crazy...we made 72 quilts in 6 weeks! THIS year however, we're going to work on them all summer :0)
Well, time to get back into the sewing room.
hugs,
Tina
"My soul is fed with needle and thread"