Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Journey Begins......

I've always admired the clever crafty bloggers out there in cyberspace. I've wondered how they can come up with things to talk about every day. I've read their posts with interest and found inspiration within the pages of their blogs. I've also, on occasion, come away with a different view on some things than I had before I had a glimpse into someone else's way of thinking. What a wonderful thing :)  And so, I decided that I would share my creative journey with you.I've been a crafter and quilter for years. I've also been a seamstress and that particular creative journey taught me that I have much more fun if I make things "just because" instead of doing it as a way to make a living.Oh well....it sure seemed like a good idea at the time :)

What have I been working on lately? One of my co-workers just underwent breast cancer surgery so we decided that we wanted to make her a quilt.I thought of a friendship quilt, but I almost got the feeling that we were making something as a goodbye gift. THAT was definitely NOT the message we wanted to send to her. So, after thinking on it for a bit, I decided that we would invent the  Friendship Hug Quilt for her. I decided to use simple snowball and nine patch blocks with a creamy center and a scrappy green background. Everyone signed the center of the snowball block with a simple "hugs with  their name" and some even added small drawings of hearts and flowers beside their names. The card that will go with the quilt will say " When you need a hug, wrap yourself in this quilt and get one from us"
 I LOVE THIS IDEA!! Who knows...maybe the idea will catch on :)
I don't have a picture of the actual quilt yet, but here is an EQ7 version of it:


I'll be working on the quilt this weekend, so I'll post a picture when it's finished.
Well, that's it for now.
Hugs,
Tina




3 comments:

Coyote Quilts said...

Good job! It's all about the gab and bragging! {{{{HUGS}}}}} CQ===Sharon

Fabricmom said...

Bravo. Well done 1st post. Can't wait to see the new quilt you are working on. I bet she will just love it to pieces. Literally. LOL.

Linda said...

Great, Tina. Love it! Keep up the good work. Linda