Saturday, March 19, 2011

National Quilting Day

Today is National Quilting Day.....what are you working on? I've been cutting out blocks for my swaps My Quilting Buddies. I love the blue and white color scheme of these blocks! I'm thinking of making some extras so I can make a small mat for my eating bar counter top  in my kitchen. Maybe, if I just look at the spring-like quilt blocks, I can ignore the ugly snow that insists on coming down today. Is anyone else as tired of the snow this year as I am??
I was checking out the National Quilting Association website this morning and they have a cool free quilt pattern offered for National Quilting Day. It's called "Build Your Own Log Cabin" and you'll find the link to it on the right hand side of the page. If it's gone when you go to check it out, let me know and I'll send you a copy of it. I love the colors that they used in the picture on the instructions and the quilting is very pretty too.
Here's the quilt:

I hope you enjoy your day of quilting!
Hugs,
Tina

No comments: