Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Happy Wednesday!

Don't you just love Wednesday's? The " I don't wanna get up and go to work" Monday is over, but the "I can't believe the week is over and I haven't gotten anything done" Friday is still another day away :) I've spent this week so far working on my Friendship Hugs quilt. My tension wasn't as nice as I'd have liked but I wasn't going to rip out all of the decorative quilting that I attempted on the border. I've decided that I don't care for the cotton quilting thread that I'm using.It's a pretty varigated green, but I think it's too thick of a thread.I still have to add a line of quilting on the little inner butterfly border, then the binding and it'll be done! Yay! I've got a little ruffling of the edges going on, but I think I can take care of that when I add the binding.
All in all, I like the quilt and I think the recipient will appreciate all of the love that is going into it. Here is my work in progress:

                


















































I've never been, nor will I ever be, a perfectionist quilter. My points don't all match up all the time and my quilting isn't perfect...but I LOVE the creative process.
When I teach a quilt class, I teach the fundamentals of the design and construction but focus more on enjoying the craft. The more you do, the better you'll become with the technical aspects of quilting, but if you obsess over it being "perfect" you'll be robbing yourself of the joy of simply creating. So......ENJOY THE JOURNEY :0)

I'll post pictures of my completed quilt as soon as it's finished.

Next week I'll be adding some free patterns to my blog.....as soon as I figure out how to do that LOL.
Until next time...
Hugs,
Tina

No comments: