Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St Patricks Day and UFO's

Happy St Patrick's Day! I cheated and had corned beef and cabbage at lunch AND let that nice lady at the restaurant cook heehee ;) 
One of the nurses volunteered to put the binding on the Hugs quilt. Yay!!!! I enjoy doing the hand stitching on the binding, but not crazy about the machine sewing part of it. I've always sewn my bindings on the backside of
 the quilt with the machine, but hand stitched the front down. I like the look of the invisible stitching on the front. Soooo....the quilt should be finished on Monday. I'll post a picture of the completed project.
Quilters always seem to have UFO's laying around. I know that I thrive on challenge and variety so sometimes start a project and get "distracted" by something new LOL. Imagine that! I've been part of an online quilt group for years and one of the things that we've done is try to put a dent in our UFO pile. If you buy fabric and a pattern but don't start the project...is it still technically a UFO? If it is ...then I'm in trouble....if not, then I'm doing ok. Lets see....my list is:
1.New bag pattern w/2 fabric groups ...can't make just one lol
2.Mom's tablecloth
3.Bob's T-shirt Quilt
4.Dan's T-shirt Quilt
5.Stacked coins quilt
6.Bob's Wildlife Wall Quilt
7.Erika's curtains and matching pillowcases
8.Quilt Scrappy Stars top
9.Railroad Quilt
10.Diningroom wallhanging.

My goal this year is to get these all completed. Yep...that's my plan.........it's good to have a plan :0)
hugs,
Tina


2 comments:

Tangos Treasures said...

Plans are good :)

Fabricmom said...

Wow my list is 4 times longer than yours. I too have fabric bought with a pattern and haven't started them. LOL. If only I had a clone.