Monday, March 21, 2011

Trying Something New

Today I made my first Mug Rug! I've heard them called Snack Mat's too...but that always comes out as a tongue twister when I try to say it LOL.
Anyways...I can see why everyone says they are so addictive to make! They're about as close to instant gratification in quilting as you can get.I think I spent more time playing with my fabrics,trying to decide which ones to use than I did actually making the Mug Rugs. They are small, but still big enough to practice some free motion quilting. Leah Day comes to mind and I'm definitely going to use some of her patterns to practice on these cute and useful little projects. If you've never seen Leah's free motion quilting project....you gotta go check it out. The link is on the right hand side of my blog under "My Favorite Links"
Here are my mug rug shots...in progress and the finished products:

I also finished my blue and white Jacob's ladder blocks:




I'm going to a bridal shower next week for a friend and I'm thinking that a couple matching mug and mug rug sets might be a nice gift for the bride and groom. Hmmmm....I wonder who else NEEDS a mug rug???? :0)

Hugs,
Tina
"My soul is fed with needle and thread"


3 comments:

Tangos Treasures said...

Those mug rugs are cute! I still need to check out the swaps! Love the blocks too!

Tina said...

Perfect solution to my coffee/tea stained desk!

Tina Winchell said...

Thanks Laurie...we're doing some different swaps on the MQB Family thread...it's pretty casual there :)
Tina, if you have a favorite mug, we can make a matching mug rug for it!