Monday, October 17, 2011

Free Motion Quilting Follow Along

Autumn is here. The temperatures are dropping, the leaves are dressing up in their brilliant colors and more importantly, I unpacked my sweaters ( which makes it officially Autumn for me!). I love this time of year. The crispness of the air gives me a renewed sense of purpose and ignites my creativity. I mean really, who wants to sit inside and sew when it's warm outside??? Obviously not me if you look at all of the UFO's that are still unfinished from last Autumn! I was goofing off on facebook tonight and came across a post from Leah Day (from the Free motion quilting project) about the Fluffy Sheep free motion quilt-along.FLUFFY SHEEP??? How couldn I NOT check it out.....

Each Friday she'll post a new free motion quilting design, then you have a week to try it out. You post pictures on your blog, link back to Fluffy Sheep then join in the linky posts. This will be fun. I've been wanting to work on my free motion skill set for awhile so, this is just the nudge that I've been needing!
Here's the Fluffy Sheep link:
Fluffy Sheep Free Motion Quilt Along
I practiced awhile ago to see if I could make feathers...here is my totally first attempt lol:
So here we go....Check out Fluffy Sheep and join in on the fun.

Hugs,
Tina
"My soul is fed with needle and thread"

No comments: