Sunday, January 22, 2012

New Year- New Projects

Wow...it's been awhile since I've posted. Time tends to slip away if you aren't paying attention, doesn't it? :) I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas season. We had a great time and were able to go to Canada to spend Christmas with my family.I think that's only the 4th time in the last almost 30 years that we've been able to do that.
After all of the crazy busy times of the holidays, I always feel a little lost in January and felt that I needed to find a focus for my creative year. So, in keeping with that, I've decided that I'm going to work through a book that I received from my daughter for Christmas. The book is called "The Book of Bags" by Cheryl Owen.

Yes...it's official....I'm a Bag Lady! I love bags! I've decided that I'm going to start at the beginning of the book and make every bag in it and share my journey with you. I'm going to try to get out of my sometimes too traditional choices for patterns for my fabrics. It's time to venture out of my usual "box" :) I'm thinking that February 1st would be a good day to start this project. Why wait do you ask?
Wellll...as much as I'm ashamed to admit it....my sewing room became the "storage room" over the holidays and I haven't been brave enough to venture inside since LOL. So....amended creative schedule:
1. Clean sewing room so I can find the machine.
2. Start my bag adventure.

That's what I'll be doing this afternoon....what do you have planned?
Hugs,
Tina
"My soul is fed with needle and thread"

No comments: